updated: July 06 2016
Metrics can be used to get an overview of a trainee's performance over time. Metrics can be applied to asessments that allow scoring (observation, coach, self assessment, training agenda).
In this tutorial we will take an existing observation checklist and add metrics to it (other assessment types such as coaching checklists, self asessments and training agendas can also be used instead).
This tutorial will cover:
- Creating a Metric
- Adding Metrics into an Observation Checklist
- Metrics on Person
Create a new metric by clicking on Metrics in the side menu > Click the Create button
Enter the details of your metric.
- Enter in the metric Name
- Enter in the metric Description (optional but useful for identifying what the metric measures)
- Choose a Colour
- Choose Visibility i.e. who can see the metrics
- Toggle to Published
As mentioned previously, this can also be applied to other assessments such as Coaching Checklists, Self Assessments and Training Agendas.
Navigate to an observation checklist (you can create a new one if you like).
- Click Observation Checklists in the side menu
- Click Edit Existing or Create New if you want to create a new one.
- Toggle Scoring on
- Under Items click on Edit in the top corner.
- At the bottom of the item you should be able to see Choose metric (this will only appear if you have Scoring checked).
- You may also togle the "Pass / Fail" on and then add in a passing threshold.
- Enter in the Score corresponding to each Option answer
- Click on Choose metric and select the metrics that apply to the Item
- Repeat this for all the items in the Observation Checklist.
- Once you are finished ensure that the Published has been toggled for the assessment.
There are two ways you can handle assigning Observation Checklists either ad hoc or through training path. In this example we will put the Observation Checklist into a training path and assign it. Follow the link if you would like to do an ad hoc observation checklist.
To create a training path Click on Training Paths in the side menu > Click on Create New or Edit Existing.
Create your training path with the observation checklist you've created.
- Click Add Step
- Click Observation Checklist
- Choose the Group that you'd like to perform the observation in our case it's Store Manager (ensure they have the observer role).
- Set the Due and Expire days.
- Check Published box once you're done.
Assign the training path to the person / group.
- Click on Training Paths
- Click on Assign button
- Choose the training path and trainee / group you want to assign it to.
- Click OK
The task will appear on the task list of
- the person / group the training path was assigned to (in our case Emily Snow); and
- the group who was assigned to do the observation, which in our case is the Store Manager group (ensure the group has the observer role).
Observation Task for Person Assigned the Training Path (Emily Snow)
Observation Task of Group to do Observation (Store Manager group - with observer role)
Notice only the Store Manager (observer) has the ability to start the observation.
The Store Manager can click on the Start button to start the observation and select the items as per usual.
Sign off when complete.
In Emily Snow's account, she should see the metrics under My Skills tab.
There should be tile versions of metrics and a graph to show the metric overtime.
If it is their first observation with metrics you will only see dot points in time rather than a line graph.
If they had an existing metric you can see how much it has increased by. For example in the image below you can see that Customer Experience metric has increased by 13.0% for Emily Snow.
If you have any questions regarding this feel free to leave a comment below.
To contact support click on the intercom icon in the right bottom corner of the web app (refer to the image below) leave a message and we'll get back to you asap.