You will need a SCORM Cloud account which you can get for free. SCORM Cloud does not require credit card details if you are only using their Free Trial version.
This tutorial covers:
Step 1: Sign up for SCORM Cloud here: http://scorm.com/scorm-solved/scorm-cloud-features/
SCORM Cloud does not require credit card details if you are only using their Free Trial version.
Step 2: In your SCORM Cloud account, click on Apps in the sidebar.
Step 3: Under Applications
- Click on Show App Id to reveal your Applications Identifier
- Click on Show Secret Key to reveal your Secret Key.
Step 4: Record for later your:
- Application Identifier
- Secret Key
IMPORTANT NOTE: The content that you upload must be uploaded into the same app as the app you recorded the Application Identifier and Secret Key for in Scorm Cloud Account Set Up above. In my example, the app I recorded the Application Identifier and Secret Key for is called "Initial Application Vivian's Realm", so I need to make sure my content is uploaded into Initial Application Vivian's Realm.
WHAT NOT TO DO
By default content is uploaded into Scorm Cloud application, which is not what you want, as the content uploaded into SCORM Cloud application will not appear in xapiapps.
DO NOT click on Library and use the Course Upload as this will upload into the SCORM Cloud application and your content will not appear in xapiapps.
WHAT TO DO
Step 1: Click on Apps in the side menu.
- You can upload content on the right-hand pane under Add Content.
- Under Import to specific App choose the application that you recorded the Application Identifier and Secret Key for in Scorm Cloud Account Set Up above.
- All content should be uploaded to "Initial Application <Your App Name>" NOT Scorm Cloud app. In my case I should choose "Initial Application for Vivian's Realm".
- Click Choose File
- Find your content and upload
- Once you've uploaded check the summary for "Application" and make sure it says the correct application you chose.
- You can uploaded more content using the "Add Content" on the right. If you do, make sure you choose the correct app.
Step 1: Sign into xapiapps.
Step 2: Click on Manage apps
Step 3: Under Activity Apps find SCORM Cloud and Click the tile
Step 4: Hit Install button.
Note: "SCORM Cloud" and "SCORM Cloud (demo)" are different. You want "SCORM Cloud".
- Copy and Paste in the Application Identifier and Secret Key you recorded from SCORM Cloud Account Set Up.
- Hit Complete Installation.
To check that SCORM Cloud is configured properly and to bring eLearning content into xapiapps, follow the link to see How to Bring in eLearning Content.